From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2013 04:30:56 -0600
I have tried these.
The wired version.
They do what they say they do alright.  But to get any solid bass response
you have to press them to your cheek bone for better inductance I guess.
Also, they're quite audible to those around you compared to regular
headphones.
They work well with speech audio, less well with musical material.
But if you want privacy, these ain't the best choice haha.
I didn't get a chance to try them on any radio gear since I was only
borrowing them for a couple days.
For things like trekker, or your phone's navigation or being able to hear
with your ears, as well as have input from an audio source that doesn't
interfere with your normal hearing they are great.
Nothing over, or in your ears, which is important as a blind traveller.
The volume is good and can get as loud as a set of headphones.
They do need to be charged though as they have their own preamp unit built
in with a proprietary battery and proprietary charger.

Anyway, if you intend to use them mostly for speech applications, and not
for music, then you will be satisfied I think.  If for occasional music
where audio quality and definition isn't vital then ok, but don't buy these
if you want to listen to music.  They just don't really cut it unless
they've improved in the last year, or you don't like much bass anyway.

They're funny to wear for the first time because they'll actually vibrate
and jump around on your face a little bit.

73
Colin, V A6BKX