From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:54:02 -0700
Hi Colleen, the cat I was referring to was a well cared for
animal and he knew it.  After I would feed him, he had a certain
spot on the carpet in the living room where he would go turn
round and round a few times then crash out on the floor.  I could
go pet him for a short time, but when he'd had enough he
definitely let me know it.  He was a real character! Jim WA6EKS

From: Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]
,to3 [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, June 17, 2013 3:20 am
Subject: Hungry kitties??

 Howard, I'm not sure I agree with your assertion about hungry
 kitties being friendly kitties.  We once had an adopto cat who
 came around our apartment for handout's.  Well, I did like that
 cat, a really large calico cat that I started hand feeding some
 mesquite flavored chicken too.  If we were eating dinner and the
 cat demanded to come in, we would let him in.  But, if I
wouldn't
 pay attention to him, he would tap my leg with his paw.  If I
 still ignored him, he would tap again, only this time with his
 claws extended just a little, and if I still continued to not
 attend to him, he would really get me.  He was really something.
 That cat really had a personality that grew on us and I was sad
 when he left the area.  It is really cool how unique animal
 personalities are if we take the time to really get to know
them.
 Folks with dog guides obviously know this from years of bonding
 and working closely with their canine partners.  Jim WA6EKS