From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 21:54:36 -0400
Jim,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but a couple of questions come to mind.
First, when you press PTT, does the radio beep?  If it does, that would
indicate some sort of error such as trying to transmit out of an amateur
band, or that your transmit inhibit is on.  If you don't hear a beep, it's
possible that you may be transmitting, but not on the frequency you're
expecting.  This would indicate that your offset got changed somewhere in
all the button pushing.  There's no foolproof way to check this because your
radio might, in fact, no longer be transmitting.  Your best bet would be to
find someone with a watt meter so you can find out if your radio is actually
putting out a signal.  If you can't find someone with measuring equipment,
you may have no other choice than doing the reset.  That's why I like using
the software.  I can load all my presets back into the radio in a matter of
seconds after doing a reset, and with modern radios it's nearly impossible
to avoid resetting the radio at least once.

Steve