From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 21:14:36 -0400
    Colin:

All I can say is "practice, practice, practice!".  In addition, be sure you
are learning the code using the Farnsworth method, where the character speed
is about 15 WPM, and the sending speed is 5 WPM.  The sending speed is
determined by the space between the characters.

As you get more comfortable with the code, try to increase the sending speed
to about 7 or 8 WPM;  that way, the 5 WPM test will seem like a piece of
cake when you get there, which will help during the stress of the test.

Try to find a way to review QSO segments such as those that appear on
license exams.  Most CW practice materials have such qsos in them already.

Finally, as you are copying the code, don't look back to try and figure out
what was sent as more code is being given.  This just causes you to fall
behind, and usually gets to the point where you can't catch up.  Just copy
what you think you hear, and put things together later from your notes.

Hope this helps a little.

Best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ