From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:40:40 -0400
Hello, all.

I have a question for Kenwood THF6A users, and would appreciate any help you
could give me.

When I travel to visit my son at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, I
have to use a cross-band arrangement to access a repeater link system that
covers Western Michigan.  Basically, you transmit on the input freq of
147.16 with a 107.2 pl tone, and listen on 446.850.  When I first started
doing this, I would always get "error beeps" when pushing the PTT on the
446.850 listening frequency, which was good, because I would then not have
the possibility of accidentally transmitting on that frequency.  On two
occasions now, I have been working with the radio, and have lost those error
beeps on the 446.850 listening frequency, and the rig now actually transmits
on that frequency.  I fixed the problem once, but forget how I did it.  I
did a VFO re-set, and a menu re-set, but the problem still persists--i.e. no
error beeps, and the possibility of transmitting on the listening freq.

This problem is driving me nuts, and I have to believe the solution is
simple.

I guess you get the error beeps when pushing the PTT on 446.850 since that
freq is usually not used for duplex or even simplex operation.

Any help here would be appreciated.

I hope I have verbalized the question well.

Thanks, and best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ