From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:03:15 -0400
Hi Brett.

I have been very happy with the MFJ 25 Amp Switching supply.  It got tested
under some rather severe conditions when a set of finals on my Icom IC-706
Mk II  blew, effectively shorting out and presenting a dead short across
the supply.  Well, the current limiting circuitry kicked in and shut the
supply off until I removed the load.  When I removed the load, and powered
the supply up, it came right back as if nothing happened.

I wish I thought I could say as much for Icom's VSWR protection circuitry
on the '706.  For those of you that have them, treat them carefully.  I
paid over $260 to get it back, because when it blew, it took out both
finals and the driver transistors at $55 each.  The fellow who repaired it
was decent on the labor or else it could have been a lot worse.
73, de Lou K2LKK

At 10:54 AM 6/23/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Any favorite models for the list members of this item?
>
>thank you!
>
>BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN   VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
>[log in to unmask]     http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochur=
>e/RADIO.HTM=20
>Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
>IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
>P O BOX 83720,    341 W WASHINGTON,    BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
>208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=3Dvoice mail after hours,                    Fax  =
>208-334-2963

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]