From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2007 21:41:32 -0500
ham radio deluxe is not a PSK31 program to my knowledge but I've spent
considerable time the last 3 weekends playing with digipan and PSK31 with
jaws and after getting used to what's going on and using the jaws curser to
find the buttons to call CQ and the TX/RX button and stuff, I have a lot of
fun with it. I'd bet someone could make scripts for it and you can read the
screen if you do it right. The words come in 1 letter at a time, but what I
do is check every few seconds and read what's there. It can make some info a
little redundant but honestly, it's not all that bad when you get used to
it. I'm actually at the point where I want to get a better interface so I
can leave the mic plugged in. Right now I'm using the old rigblaster nomic I
used for my old echolink simplex link when I had it up but I want to get the
rigblaster plus so I don't have to unplug the mic all the time and stuff. I
can put this in my go kit, the 706 has 2 mic inputs and a lot of people use
them as second rigs that double as their data radios on PSK31 it seems. I
guess it's backup voice, primary data and that makes sense, when I get the
second dipole up and a little $$$ if I can find an old 706, original maybe,
I might think about that but I"m not sure. I probably won't use it enough.
Anyway, to answer your question, it's very doable. I've been told you can do
it with digitalk too but I never had much luck separating sound cards with
that. That you will need, an external synth or 2 soundcards. The second
soundcard option is cheap these days, a good USB card which is what I use
for PSK31 is plenty. I also use that to remote control my HF rig as the
audio hookup and that works great too.