From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2010 13:38:34 -0400
Like many things on Facebook, the page  changes when you click on the
appropriate link or button.  I use Window-Eyes with Firefox; Internet
Explorer presents a lot of extra junk that is empty.  I use the regular, not
mobile, version of the site.

After I log in, near the top of my homepage is a heading called Groups.
Press Enter on that.  You get a list of the groups you currently belong to,
if any.

I next used the Search button and typed in "blind amateur radio operators".
The group did not come up as a search result; instead there were a few links
such as NU7I.  But I noticed that under the search button there was another
link called "Groups".  I entered on that, and the new group appeared.

Facebook is a challenge, but it is fun.  I especially am friends with many
members of my church, plus some relatives and some blind people.  Not very
many hams so far among my 150 plus friends.  All I can say is that it's a
lot of friends for someone who is really an introvert!
73,

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls
http://www.facebook.com/lloyd.rasmussen