From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2007 21:16:25 -0400
Hi, all.

Ok, here's another question for you experts on the TMV71A out there.

So far, I haven't found this issue addressed in the manual, but I certainly
could have missed it.

I have now figured out how to monitor 2 different 2-meter frequencies, using
the A. and B. bands on the TMV71A.

I like to do this at times, especially when I'm running a local skywarn net,
and also need to monitor our area-wide spotter net on another 2-meter
frequency for our entire NWS county warning area.

My question is this, though:

I can transmit fine on band A., but when I go to the other 2-meter frequency
on band B., I cannot transmit.

Sometimes, it is handy to do this if you need to switch quickly between two
repeaters.

I have always been able to do this on the TMV7A, and suspect you probably
can do it on the TMV71A, but just can't figure out how to do it.

Could there be some sort of "transmit inhibit" function on band B. when band
A. is in use on the same band?

As another note:  I want to publicly commend Steve Dresser for a great MP3
audio guide to the TMV71A.  If you haven't checked it out yet, go to the
handiham.org web site.  It's extremely well done, and very thorough.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ