From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 19:35:30 -0500
Hi,
One thing that you have to remember about Kenwood receivers in general is
that they have much more internal gain in both the RF and IF stages then
other receivers.  I just ran a check on my ts2000 and heard atmospheric
noise on all bands.  When I got to two meters, I got a little worried cause
I didn't here much antenna noise, but I forgot that aI had the aip turned on
and as soon as I engaged the extra gain, there was the antenna noise.  I
have never had a more sensitive receiver, but I've never owned a 756 pro 3
either.
Bob, [log in to unmask], K8LR
Skype name:  bobtinn
One of the best days of my life is today!