From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 07:53:59 -0500
The 440 takes the 6 pin connector and the Kenwood power supply for it, the
cord is hard wired in to it so you'd need an adapter or replace the cord, or
get another power supply. Personally I'd never get the matching power supply
for a radio, usually they can't run more than just the radio and they're so
ridiculously overpriced. I'd rather my astron 30 or 35 amp supply which runs
the TS-2000, packet setup, LDG tuner, TW-1, KAM for HF packet, sometimes a 2
meter mobile, all off 1 power supply. The only thing on that desk not run
off that is my 900 MHz radio and that's because I modified a base station
consul to take that radio so it's an actually self contained base radio.