From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:59:23 -0600
well, look at it this way, if it is properly implemented, and the technical
skills and know how are put into digital communications like they are into
tradditional forms of communication, then we could very well see it as the
"only" thing that would have to be set up and powered, as opposed to just
one more redundant communications device.
A laptop and a radio and a portible repeater and you've got data transfer,
voice communications and the flow of information is dramatically improved
and increased with both voice and data capabilities.
73
Colin, V A6BKX