From:
Tom Karnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:47:14 -0800
I have all of my computer equipment except a dectalk external on a power
strip. When I turn off the strip, I don't have to turn off all the various
items, just one switch, and don't run any current through the various
power supplies. I do the same for my stero system. Most electronic devices
are switched after the power supply so that the manufacturers can use a 5
cent switch on the secondary instead of a 25 cent switch on the primary.

Tom Karnes
Oceanside, California