From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:50:13 -0500
Don,

It could if they took the time to think things through, but there are so
many issues they didn't address.  For example, the new digital format has 8
separate audio channels, one of which is meant for description, but nobody
has yet told the manufacturers to start making TV sets and cable boxes with
those channels implemented.  So, of course, the broadcasters aren't
preparing because as they see it, none of the TV sets have that feature
anyway, so why bother.  And nobody seems to realize that receiving the
digital signals will be more difficult than receiving what we have now, so
lots of people won't have any programming at all if they're too far away
from the transmitters.

Steve