From:
richard & Karlene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
richard & Karlene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 20:19:13 -0400
Hi Marlena;
I have enjoyed your comments about the step antenna.  How long is the "big"
antenna?  How long were your radials?  I'm currently using the r8 that has
also been mentioned.  The swr is under 2/1 for about 150 kc on 40 meters.
An internal tuner handles it nicely.  The problem it is tall and blows
around a lot.  I decided to mount it on the roof out of the way which may
not have been such a wonderful idea.  This is, however, the first antenna
and location that is tvi free.
Rich