From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:55:52 -0330
Hi All:

Just took a quick lookcy from 7.175 to 195 and there doesn't seem to be allot of activity, a station working a contest and a few calling DX.
Course that could change in 2 hrs as night approaches! LOL but seems relatively clear for the moment.
On using the IF Shift: Right now, I have it set to plus 500 and with the narrow filter activated,the week DX station seems to be a bit clearer so is my filter bandwidth at 1.9KHZ?
When I shift it to the minus side, say, -500, narrow filter in, the audio is vary hi and sharp. I believe my narrow filter goes to 2.4.
I've always seemed to leen towards the plus side on LSB and minus side for USB. Don't know if I'm doing it right! LOL
All I know is, when I shifted to -500 and narrow filter in, the birdies from a close by station were a million times worse.

73:

Michael De VO1RYN