From:
Jerry Neufeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:15:43 -0400
Good evening, Pat.

My interest in Ham Radio Delux is chiefly as a kernel or base control program upon which scripts can be written to allow for 1 & 2-stroke commands rather than endless tabbing as well as providing additional functions not normally incorporated in the base control program. I have already done this with FTBCAT for complete accessibility to the Yaesu 817, 857, & 897 rigs. HRD, of course, offers a more standardized platform for use with countless transceivers. My first decision will be to decide how far back in JFW versions I can go for backward compatibility and still retain newer and more advanced script functions. I intend to begin work on this project at the beginning of September. Any suggestions anyone might have will be gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Jerry  VE3QSO