From:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Henry Brugsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:27:29 +0100
Hi Brent, heard of the Solarcon?
It's a cb whip, construed for 11 meters, but by adding bits of antenna
stock, you can cut your way up to 20 meters.
Roughly, I have the measurements in a file, you need about 40 inches for 20
meters, about 35 for 17, about 24 for 21 mhz, and about 3 inches for ten
meters.
The antenna is a fiberglass piece about 48 inches long with a wide spaced
coil the length of the rod, and 3 or 4 depending on the model coils closely
spaced in series along the top of the rod.
An allen nut holds the stock into place.
Stick the thing into a mag mount, you are mobile.
Been using it on 20 for the last few days.
Got in to the states on 15, yesterday, worked a mobile to mobile a guy in
Norway from the Uk.
Find out more on:
their web site, but I can't find it on google,
Here's some hard info.
Tencom Ltd. - Contact Us
      419.865.5877
      Fax