From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:47:25 -0500
Actually, "standard" weighting is 3:1. That is, a day is about 3 times longer than a dit. Some people prefer heavier weighting, some lighter. I personally like mine a bit heavier, with slightly shorter dits and slightly longer dahs, but that's because to me, get the weighting too short and code sounds mushy. I expect this is more an issue at higher speeds. Actually, I bypass the whole issue and use mechanical sending devices wherever possible, i.e. straight key or bug. :-)
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY