From:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:06:40 -0800
Hi Bud,

Well, don't worry, I still am not sure of the exact band limits for the
WARC bands, but I think I have the others down pretty well now except
for 160.  <grin>

80 is 3.5 to 4 MHz.

40 is 7 to 7.3

20 is 14.0 to 14.350
15 is 21.0 to 21.450
10 is 28.0 to 29.7

I also have a ts940 and what I do is to program the bottom edge of each
band into a memory, note that I use cw a lot so you might want the
bottom edge of the phone band if you're into phone or one of the
subbands depending on your license.

Anyway, once the band edges are programmed in, I go into memory mode
and press one of the 10 buttons to make that the active memory and then
button of the memory/vfo buttons, the vfo is set immediately to the
lower band edge of the band I want.

It's been so long since I set this up, I'd really have to look to
remember exactly how to enter the freqs into memory.

I only use one bank of memories so remembering where my preset band
edges isnt a problem.

Maybe someone like John Miller will come along and give a much better
explanation for the 940 as I tend to be a "set it and forget it"
operator when it comes to using the memories.

The 940 is a nice rig!

73

Don W6SMB