From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:00:18 -0500
I had a friend in college who did a similar thing, only his ran from his 9th
floor window across the parking lot to a tree.

He used it with an SBE33. Now, will anybody admit to remembering that rig?

I ran several end fed zep antennas, and a random wire or two in various
apartments after college.

In most cases, no one other than the neighborhood squirrels could see them.
The squirrels, of course, thought the antennas were dessert, and often
gnawed the wire through.

I finally gave up using #24, and tried a #12 wire. By that time, I had lived
in that one apartment long enough that nobody paid any attention whenever my
friend would come over to shoot at the 70 foot tree with his slingshot.

Another ham now lives in that complex. Unfortunately for him, the 70 foot
tree was a victim of Hurricane Katrina.

Mike Duke, K5XU