From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:26:20 -0500
Hi Pat.

I am not familiar with that program, but I wonder if you've tried to
identify where the time is being displayed in the window.  Maybe you could
set up a User Window around the time and make it a silent window to
suppress the time verbalization.

Also, with the arrow keys not behaving as expected, have you been able to
tell if they are using slightly non-standard Windows controls?  I am
wondering if reclassing the controls is a possibility for adding
functionality.  Also, do the arrow keys behave differently in that program
than in most programs so that you need to redefine what should be read when
using these keys.

Maybe some more investigation might turn up something.  And then again,
what is one man's idea of accessibility is a complete farce to another.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 12:45 AM 2/4/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a question for all you window-eyes users out there.  I recently
>downloaded a freeware ham radio program called airmail available from the
>airmail website at http://www.airmail2000.com.  This program is used to
>drive terminal node controllers such as the Cantronics Kam or the pk232
>mbx.  When I invoke the program I hit insert a to let window-eyes tell me
>what's going on.  Eventually I have to turn this feature off because if I
>don't the program continuously tells me the time which is marginally
>useful.  I am running window-eyes 4.211 on a pentium class machine running
>128 megs of ram.  I tried using win-link and all the modules locked my
>system up.  When I contacted the author, he indicated airmail has keyboard
>support and to a certain extent I can invoke it from the file menu but when
>I first invoke the program, the arrow keys should work yet they don't.  How
>do I invoke the keyboard support so I can join my colleagues in utilizing
>such hf digital modes as amtor pactor I and II etc?  Is there aybody on the
>list who has found something that works?  I may have to revert back to an
>old dos-based telecommunications program called Commo if someone doesn't
>have any other suggestions. 73- pat kk3f

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]