From:
Ron Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2012 22:54:33 -0400
Hi Karl,
The answer really depends on what you want. What do you mean by a "variety
of frequencies?" What band or bands do you want to initially use? Do you
want to listen to any specific bands to learn more about what goes on there?
Do you want to start out handheld or with a unit you put on a desk or table?
Help us give you better ansers.

Regarding the TYT (I may have gotten the name of the manufacturer wrong, I
don't have one and don't have references handy to check the spelling), I
have heard from friends who own both this radio and the dual band model from
Wouxun that the TYT provides much less complete speech support than does the
wouxun.

73

Ron Miller