From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 08:41:00 -0800
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:44:57 -0000
From: w2ktu <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [irlp] Ham On Node 7820 Gets Traffic Ticket For Cell Phone Use When
     Using Ham Radio

Sorry For The Non Related irlp info but everyone must see this

Hi Guy's,

    Here is a letter my friend Joe sent me. I can't Believe this has
happened to him please send this to anyone you can. Post it in as
many forums as possible and forward all traffic to www.wb2hww.com
where his complete story is located. We need as many hams to read
this as possible. This ticket was just written to all of us lets do
something about it.

                          Thanks Please Read Below,
                                      Keivan W2KTU

Click On This Link For The Full Story
http://www.wb2hww.com/viewtopic.php?
p=131&sid=7177ab750e453915e417f44c8ae440b7#131

Guilty Guilty!

Back in May 12 2005 I received a "cell phone in use" ticket on 23 rd
street and FDR drive Manhattan.  The Hearing was today and the judge
found me guilty.

I am so angry I feel violated and I feel every Amateur Radio Operator
received a ticket today.

How it unfolded:

The officer swore in and explained that "he saw me using a cell
phone, pulled me over and explained that I cannot use a cell phone
while driving". The judge asked If I wanted to speak I said " Your
honor, after the officer stopped and explained that he was going to
give me a ticket for "cell phone in use" I told the officer that this
was not a cell phone it is an amateur radio" I explained to the judge
that I was a licensed amateur radio operator and handed him my
original license and also pointed out that my licence plate was an
amateur radio license plate. I also presented a written letter
motorized from KCCBA Tom Bolero that explained that at the time of
the ticket I was talking to him on amateur radio like we do every
morning.

The judge did not buy it and I told him, "your honor with all do
respect NYV TRAFFIC LAW TITLE 7 ARTICLE 33 1225 C (B) DEFINES
A "MOBILE TELEPHONE AS ONE CONNECTED TO A PUBLIC SWITCH". Amateur
radio is not connected to a public switch its Radio to Radio.

Then he opened his law book read it and still was in doubt. He was
clearly confused. He asked me to describe the radio and how I was
using it and I described the Mobile radio and made it clear that it
was a microphone with a cord held in front of my mouth. THAT WAS
ENOUGHT FOR HIM TO HEAR AND HE SAID I WAS GUILTY because I held it in
close proximity to my ear.

Bull crap! We all got a ticket today. WE ALL GOT A TICKET TODAY.

I will appeal.
I might need all the help I can get.

Joe W2JLH

73 de Joe W2JLH
www.joeyhernandez.com

Click On This Link For Full The Story
http://www.wb2hww.com/viewtopic.php?
p=131&sid=7177ab750e453915e417f44c8ae440b7#131

Please Post

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/