Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2014 12:21:30 -0600
I thought you were checking this SWR with nothing in line but the Meter and DL.   If you have a tuner in line how would you know what the real SWR would be because the tuner/matcher is designed to match the load. Where ever the capacitor and coil was last set it will produce a reading having no relation to the current test.
The antenna should have a resanant point.  you should tune the antenna for this first.   The meter should be as close to the antenna as possible or practical to minimize line effects.

Wayne