From:
Mike Barnard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:52:06 -0400
This is Mike Barnard, I and a fellow ham built a windam 6 through 80
meter antenna.  One leg is 42 feet, and the other is 90 feet.  We
strung it between two trees, I have a rope and a pulley system so I
can let it down.  For the center I have a 6 inch plastic piece  with
a oblong hole for the latter line.  it goes up through and I have two
holes on either side.  One to hook up the wires and the other to
secure the wires  so it can't pull out  and disconnect the
laterline.  It then feeds to a 4 to 1 balum  to coax.   I just got it
up this week, and also this week I retired from Amphenol so I haven't
done much with it.  But from the little use I had I was a couple of s