From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:53:34 -0400
Hi, folks.

As you all know, I have been trying to work with and troubleshoot my
Carolina Windom 160 Compact antenna, and as I have done this, I have noticed
something interesting.

The SWR readings on my LDG TW1 and the TS590 seem to differ at times.

This brings up the question:  Which meter is likely to be more accurate?
Sometimes, MY SWR's can vary more than  1 SWR unit from the LDG to the
TS590, with the LDG routinely being higher.  For example, at the very top of
40 meters, for the Windom, my LDG TW1 reports a 4.3 to 1 SWR, while the
TS590 meter reports 3.0  to 1.

My current set-up is as follows:

My ts590 is connected to my Ameritron AL811H amplifier, which is then
connected to the LDG TW1, and the TW1 output is connected to my Tentech 238A
manual tuner.

All of my antennas are connected to the output ports on the Tentech manual
tuner.

All readings are being taken with the auto tuner off in the TS590.

I'd be interested in experiences others have had.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ