From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2011 19:37:54 -0500
    Hi, all.

So, here's a related question:

I use a mag-mount on our vehicle for 2 meters and 440, and tonight, I just
noticed that the outer jacket on part of the coax feedline was becoming hard
and inflexible, and has even split in one place.  As a temporary repair, I
wrapped where the outer jacket of the coax is split with electrical tape,
then put coax seal over the tape, and wrapped the connection again with an
outer layer of electrical tape.

I suspect that this fix will not last forever, and that I may be looking at
buying another magmount at our next local swap.  If I could, I'd take the
magmount apart, and just replace the coax, but it is all molded together,
and won't come apart easily.

Any thoughts on this situation, and what I have done, would be appreciated.

Someday, maybe someday, all of my antennas will be working again without
problems.  It certainly has been a rough few weeks for a number of us on the
list as far as antennas are concerned!

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ