From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 20:47:43 -0500
    Hi, Keith.

Here's an e-mail response I sent to you a few days ago regarding dual-band
hand-helds.

Take it for what it's worth, and good luck.

Best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ

    Well, for what it's worth, I wouldn't go with the Radio Shack HTX420
dual-bander.  I have a friend who just got one, and he is not happy with it.
The receive is not that good, and the transmit audio is quite low.  I can
tell you that from first-hand experience, because the first time he called
me on it, I wondered what in the heck he was using.

Now, maybe his radio is unique, but I know the later Radio Shack models have
had audio problems at times.  They are not like the good old HTX202 or 404!

If it were me, and I was going to buy a rig, I'd go with the Kenwood THF6A.
I have had a number of hand-helds in my day, and I have found that one to be
by far the most user friendly for the blind.

Granted, I have not use the Icom T390, but I know some folks on this list
have had some reservations about it.

Now, this is only one person's oppinion, and only you know what's best for
you.

I hope this at least helps, though.

Best 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ