From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 2009 18:09:00 -0400
You're right.  We were disconnected from the seniors in a very sneaky and underhanded manner which should never have been allowed.  But I remember in 1999 when we had a majority of Congress not only supporting us but cosponsoring an amendment to restore us to the seniors when then President Clinton came out and said that he preferred that the blind stay where we were, and also Clay Shaw in the House and Phil Graham in the Senate artificially bottled it up in committee just because they new we had the votes to win.  Oh well, it isn't the first time nor the last when Roberts Rules of procedure were abused and thrown out the window.  I believe had Clinton come out in our favor we would have had it.  That would have been the one good thing he could have done for us.
Harvey