From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:03:38 -0500
Same here, even simplex frequencies, as I learned when I was setting up my
link, more then I thought are in use, I was very surprised. If I do set up
my link again, it will be with a Kenwood TM-271 and my old ringo ranger
antenna more then likely but I probably won't set that back up, I lost too
much money in radios that just couldn't do what I wanted when I was doing
that before, I don't like echolink anyway, I just wanted to put something up
and forget it and I haven't yet been able to do that. I might think about it
again though this summer or something, we'll see. Had it worked I think I
could have had fun with it. I'm thinking about, if I don't use the 706
mobile, probably the TM-271A, it's not as accessible as I'd like but with
some reconfiguring of settings in the software, I can make it accessible
enough. Maybe when I get the credit card bill down some I'll make more
decisions in both departments.