Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:42:38 -0600
I've found that most of the all in one desk mics where base and
element are of a piece give me the same problem you describe.  That's
one reason I like the Heil microphones.  REgular microphone stand
hardware works with them, allowing me to use a standard mic boom or a
desk stand and/or gooseneck on a large based desk stand to get it
close to me.

I like using mine with a foot switch as I do not care to run vox here
or at most locations where I might operate.  I can attach my Heil to a
reguar floor stand with a boom arm getting it over the operating
position without the stand taking up valuable operating desk real
estate.

Since I do a lot of net control work and traffic handling I find this
is the most convenient way to operate.  Using braille and a computer I
find I need both hands for reading or typing, hence the mic on a stand
works better.

I tried the headset mics with the mini booms but I find they're too
fragile for conditions in my shack.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
almost 50% of those at ground zero on 9/11/01 still have
longterm health problems.  Almost half of those have no health insurance.