From:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 06:40:01 -0000
Hi Lou,

Have I seen your name on the BCAB list? Perhaps they could point you in a useful direction. Otherwise, I could forward your message.

I note others' mention of an external box which could speak rig settings. I think this would be very useful. Although I drive the rig with a PC, I'm not sure how I'd usefully integrate the proposed program with logging software.

Having had my K3 for over a year now, I don't often feel a need to modify menu settings, though it has been a nuisance to recruit sighted help when the need has arisen. On this basis, perhaps a stand alone program, such as K3 Voice, enhanced to read menu settings, would be useful. As the K3 is vaunted as a portable rig, then perhaps the built-in module, or box idea becomes more attractive, as I'd only want to carry the rig and not be bothered hooking it up to a PC as well, in a temporary setting.

I had a brief look at L-P Bridge and got the idea that this really supported a highly visual SDR simulation of the K3, together with logging software, rather than being simply a means of running two programs which accessed the same port simultaneously. Mike suggested that I may have the wrong end of the stick, insomuch that the reference to the SDR was by way of illustration rather than being the sole objective of what I hoped would be a relatively low profile program.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Terry
Cheers for now,

Terry

DESCRIBE ONLINE - IMPROVING ACCESS THROUGH INFORMATION

Terry Robinson B.Sc
82 Albert Rd.
Crosshill
Glasgow
G42 8DR
Tel: 0141 423 2683 - Mobile: 07771 610002
Web: www.describe-online.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5976 (20110322) __________

http://www.eset.com