From:
John Glass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:20:38 -0800
Hi,

At first, a lifetime amateur radio license sounded like a good idea to me.

The problem I have with it though is that it may have some real negative consequences for the vanity callsign program.

We all know how many people want to get a short callsign of their choice, such as their initials, and with lifetime licenses, this would become much more difficult.

Most relatives of a deceased ham would never think to notify the FCC, so I am afraid that many coveted vanity callsigns would languish in the FCC'S database for long periods of time.

John