From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2014 09:28:13 -0600
With the 590, JJRadio will show you the carrier level, ALC, Comp and SWR
levels.

From: Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Date sent: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:18:24 -0500

Jim:

Others on the list can probably answer this question much better
than I can,
but I think the carrier level has something to do with CW and
digital modes.
I believe the theory is that you don't want the carrier level to
be set too
high, due to the risk of over-driving the rig.

I always used to keep mine at the default setting of 50, but from
what
others on the list have said, it may be better to back it down to
30 or 40.
Why 50 is the default is something I can't answer.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ