From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:33:41 -0500
That's what my first radio was and it went up in smoke, big time  lol on the
computer, I don't have any more room for computers in here though at the
time I had the link up it was on it's own 400 MHz computer but that's not my
radio desk computer for logging and packet and stuff like that, no way I can
put up a link on that one now with out getting rid of packet and I don't
want to so I'll just use this one when/if I do get that up again. I don't
like new radios for always on applications at all, you have a good point
there, I know a lot of people who've burnt up newer radios with echo link
links and packet and stuff if you get lucky and are a commonly used system.
I wish I had the room to do it right, then it might have worked out like it
should have, I might try it again some time though,w we'll see I need money
first, my account has about $10 in it right now and that won't get me going
at all.