From:
Kris Hickerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2012 19:28:52 -0600
Anthony, We already have one here that links the entire central and southern
portions of Illinois together.  The two main repeaters are 147.165 on 2
meters and 444.250 on uhf.  It has a PL tone of 103.5.  It's really pretty
neat.  I can talk to people in Decatur, Springfield, Bloomington, and clear
down to some of the southern towns.  We also have it tied into one of the
repeaters in the St. Louis area so we have the ability to bring on the
National weather service whenever there is threatening weather.  They report
to us what is coming and we report back to them how bad the storms are that
we are getting.  I think that repeater system links us clear down to central
Missouri.  Both the 147.165 and 444.250 machines have Echolink on them.  The
call to look for for our Echolink is w9kxq.

Kris