From:
Ham Steve <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 20:00:23 -0400
Tom,

First, the part I know... The LDG TW1 is a talking SWR/Watt meter only.
$139.95 from RandL among others.

Secondly, I have not followed the discussion on the screwdriver antenna.  As
I understand it, the screwdriver is a remotely tuned coil which loads a
whip.  There is a remote actuator which either lengthens or retracts and
coil and you'll need to know your SWR as you do this.  You can do that with
the function on the TW1 which gives you a tone to tune for minimum SWR.