From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:11:10 -0500
Hi.

Not in this case--I have a Kenwood TS690S sitting on the bench right beside
it and if I switch the antenna from the TS2000S to the TS690S, it will
invariably be less "hissy" on the TS690S.  It isn't really as much of a
sensitivity problem as it is an intelligibility problem because the
receiver just has extraneous noise riding on the incoming signals.  It's
one of the reasons why I keep multiple rigs for the same frequency
ranges--it helps to evaluate when a piece of equipment isn't quite so hot
as opposed to just lousy receiving conditions.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]