From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:07:34 -0500
Hi guys,

Well, seems I accidentally found an address for someone in charge (or
at least, someone who might have some say-so) at Ten-Tec. I sent the
following Email...we'll see how it goes:

----- Forwarded message from Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]> -----

To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]

Hi Doug;

I saw a link from the Orion page to you and thought that you might be
a good person with whom to dialog on this issue.

A couple months ago, I had the below exchange with the sales
department, regarding some usability questions I had on the new
Argonaut. Unfortunately, I was left with a somewhat
less-than-favorable impression of some important usability issues, and
more importantly, of Ten-Tec's willingness to address these
concerns. While I certainly understand that the sales department isn't
equipped to address usability concerns, I think that they should have
been forwarded appropriately. (If they were, I was never made aware of
it.) I further understand that there are physical limitations that may
make implementation of some features difficult, but at the same time I
don't see how some improvements cannot be made--especially since the
radio can be easily upgraded by downloading new software.

I understand that the market of blind hams is very small compared to
the market of hams at large (which is itself fairly small).  Still, as
I mention below, the features I propose could be usable by anyone, and
all can benefit.

Here's the Email exchange:
[Notes from me, Ten-Tec, and Richard Webb deleted for brevity]
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3   | "And if the ground yawned,
Phone: (814) 455-7333     | I'd step to the side and say,