From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:11:37 -0230
Hi Kevin:

Do you have an LDG TW-1 or some other means of measuring SWR, Forward and reflected power?
If not, I'd also look at getting one of those devices before running any amount of power.
Also, keep in mind that the amps I referenced are transistor based except the Acom 1000. It uses a GU-7B honest to goodness tube which would be cheaper to replace than a pare of transistors or Mosphets.
If you talk to Jay at Array Solutions, he'd probably insure that the 1000 would arrive with the tube safely installed and protected if you'd have problems with getting a sited ham to install for you.
The Acom requires only 60W of drive at most to deliver 1KW on all bands and 500W on 6.
This thing can also with stand 500W of reflected power.
http://acom-bg.com

HTH & 73:

Michael De VO1RYN