From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:04:49 -0500
Hi, all.

Thanks for all of your suggestions regarding how to disable the touch-pad
mouse on my new Dell Lattitude 610 laptop.

Unfortunately, we have come up against a stone wall, of sorts, I think.  My
sighted XYL worked with me last night, trying the various options all of you
have suggested, and it appears that the touch-pad mouse can't be enabled or
disabled from the control panel as we had hoped.

We actually broke down and called Dell Customer Support, and the guy there
said that the only way we can disable the mouse is by getting into the bios
and doing it there.

Problem is that this laptop comes from my University, and it seems that you
have to get an administrative password to get into the bios.

I'm not sure how to over-ride that function at this point.

So, we've now taken the short-term "low tech" approach--It's called putting
a small piece of cardboard over the mouse area.  HI!  HI!

Will keep you posted.

I still can't believe you can't get to that mouse somehow, but maybe since
it is a University computer, it may have to be accessed administratively.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ