From:
colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2011 14:49:04 -0700
depending on your router, sometimes you have to forward the UDP ports both
ways...that is, incoming and outgoing UDP...i always do the same with the
TCP port 5200, but I believe it only has to be set up one way...but set them
all for incoming and outgoing and it should work.
I've always managed to get echolink up and running by doing this...and most
of the time, if I just forward the port like the instructions say, it
doesn't work because that only allows for incoming ports and not outgoing or
vice versa.
This usually means you have to make 6 sets of rules...or 4 sets perhaps with
one setting 5198-5199 incoming, 5198-5199 outgoing, and 5200 incoming and
out going.
again depends on your router, but usually you can tell which one you are
setting bassed on the prompts in the router settings.
73
Colin, V A6BKX