From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2015 03:10:53 -0700
the UV5R is not the GT3.
And yeah, you can hear the difference, especially when mobile inside a
vehicle.
The selectivity may not be anywhere near as good on the GT3, but that is
kind of a moot point when talking about FM and using repeaters most of the
time.  The TH F6A is just as susseptible to noise and intermod and crap as
the GT3, and quite often the gt3 is less susseptible when the two are side
by side using the same kind of antenna etc.
I use both the th F6A and the GT3 daily in a high RF noise environment and I
can say the GT3 performs better most of the time on UHF at least on
receive...it has a lower audio amplifier noise floor as well which helps.
Like I said, I like my th F6A, but direct comparisons over a couple years of
fairly heavy daily use on both nearby and more distant repeaters has shown,
at least to me, that the receiver is comparatively better in the gt3
compared to the TH F6A and even compared to the UV5R.
Just my observations which could very well be subjective in nature.

73
Colin, V A6BKX