From:
Chris Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:42:56 -0400
I can't answer your first question all that well other then to say if you're
not wanting to use a lot of output power for emergency communications, you
can get a Jell Cell battery for a decent price, and they're fairly compact.
As far as your second question, do you have an in door antenna that is close
to your speakers?  That's probably what your problem is.  You're puting rf
into your speakers.  That's causing the hum.
73,
Chris, w8cjs