From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:51:11 -0400
Hi Terri, 1, Although I don't have any model or part numbers to offer,
Home Depot Lowes type stores, , Auto parts stores, Radioshack, and
Wall-mart as well as others, sell Jump start kits,/called by many
different names, at any rate, they're portable, usually 1piece, with a
handle and case, inside of which is a led acid or other rechargeable
battery, usually rated at at least 7Amps minimum and 12volts output,
some of these have either a 117Vac  line cord or a 117vac  wall wart
charger, which plugs into the base unit, and charges the battery, or
an input for a supplied ciglighter cord which would plug into the cig
lighter output on a vehicle by which to charge the battery.  Also
included in or on the case will be at minimum, 2 clips/which can be
replaced by Anderson Power Poles Or Whatever, to atatch to your
rigs./(These were originally designed to connect to one's vehicle
battery and vehicle's battery cables to charge the battery and start
the vehicle in an emergency.
many of the base units also have output ciglighter or other types of
dc output plugs giving 12vdc, or 9, 6,  and some other voltages.  The
units are not much bigger at most, than a GE super radio and will
power you on lower power usage settings for a while, they're simple
and compact, and offer a good easy to use source of power.  You should
be able to find something useful for $50 Max, and usually ten to 30$s
less.  .  Do some looking also, at places like Batteries america,
battery space, batteries plus, and other outlets.  There are some easy
to use answers out there.
2,  in terms of your computer speakers, how close are your
transmitting antennas to the speakers themselves?  If you're using a
mag mount or other movable antenna, try moving either the ant or the
speakers.  Also, some ferrite beads/best to find the clam shell type,
clip on variety rfor easier installation, those beads at either end of
the speaker's power and audio cables, and maybe at the ends of your
antennae coax cables might help.  If you can get to a real earth
ground, that's a good thing to do, if you can't, MFJ and some other
manufacturers make and sell an artificial ground, which I've never had
or used, but understand can be helpful.  If i can be of further help,
feel free to email or call me, today, Tuesday and tomorrow, Wednesday,
aug 27 and 28 are good days, as I'm off work those days this week, and
my phone's 7065995413, Cingular/AT&T Cell.  Sincerely, Danny Dyer,
Wb4idu.