From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 May 2005 08:47:37 -0600
i think that rf detecting switch to turn the speaker off while transmitting
would be great.
You could either run separate speakers, one for UHF and VHF and have the
switch on the UHF side or just have one speaker, which as soon as you
transmit on either UHF or VHF it would automatically open a switch to turn
the speaker off.
Is there an accessory plug on the back of the tmv7a? if so, i am sure there
has to be a switched voltage supply on one of the pins somewhere that is
activated when the ptt button is pressed...in that case, you could run a
relay that would open with the voltage and shut down the speaker as long as
you are talking.
The other option i guess would be to find a voltage supply inside the radio
that is activated when the radio is in transmit mode and do the relay thing
with that...not sure if the problem is anoying enough to substantiate
getting inside the rig or having someone modify it for you to get rid of the
problem or not.
I think i remember seeing some RF activated relays somewhere that open or
close depending on weather they detect RF or not....of course, it would have
to be specifically 144MHZ and higher rf detection so that your speaker
wouldn't be turning on and off everytime you passed an 18 wheeler talking on
the cb.
73
Colin, V A6BKX