From:
Kevin Kwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:41:12 -0500
You learn to recognise the sounds of the repeaters and unless both uhf and
vhf frequency you're monitoring has the same repeater courtesy tone or drop
noise, you should be able to distinguish between them. Plus you get to
recognise that some of your friends will be using certain bands and if you
are only listening to two, that's even easier. Then it's just a matter of
remembering where you left your transmission set at. If you missed it last
week, I once made a long winded transmission on what I thought was the right
repeater I was expected to respond on, I ended up making an ass out of
myself somewhere else. To this day, I don't know if anyone was listening. If
they were, they're great about not reminding me, hi hi.