From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:38:48 -0400
Hi Anthony,

West Mountain Radio sells one for about 50 bucks that is just for  this job
and does it all in 1 crimp.  However Gardner Bender sells a crimper that
will do the job in a few steps and costs around 10 bucks.    Got mine from
HRO about 2 or 3  years ago, not sure if they still carry it or something
similar.  Gardner Bender is also a brand that Home Depot carries in the
electrical department.  You may find it there.    Don't know the model
number, but it is  like a large pair of pliers with rubberized handles, and
wire cutter at the  tip.   Between the wire cutter and the hinge of the
pliers are 3 crimp holes.

West  Mountain used to sell the Gardner Bender tool and had a step by step
tutorial on their web site on how to use it for power poles.  Since they
don't sell that tool anymore, the info isn't  there anymore, but if you wind
up with the GB tool, let me know, and I'll see if I can dig it up here.
It's not hard, but there are a few steps involved.

73, Steve KW3A