From:
Brett Winches <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:35:47 -0600
Very good!

###
BRETT WINCHESTER
208-639-8386
###

-----Original Message-----
From: For blind ham radio operators
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Phil Scovell
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bird House Antenna

     A 2 meter friend of mine married a well to do lady who insisted
they move to a better part of town.  This better place wasn't for hams
because it had bad antenna covenants and they wouldn't allow any outdoor
antennas for anything.  He did squeak a
15 meter wire antenna up in the attic of the house but he wasn't
satisfied with the results.  I told him to check with the home owners
association to see if having a bird feeder on a tall pole was ok.  It
was.  I told him to buy a vertical, one of the shorter ones like 20
through 10 meters, stick it inside PVC pipe, and at the top, drill holes
for the loading coil spokes to stick through.
I said they will just think they are perches for birds.  Isn't that nice
of you.  I told him to buy four 8 foot ground rods and pound them down
below the grass level so they could not be seen, or even into the ground
and below the surface an inch and connect wires to them and run them
beneath the soil to the base of the PVC pipe where they could connect to
the ground of the vertical.  He did.  I told him to put a bird house on
top of the PVC pipe.  He did.  He ran 2 KW without anybody knowing he
had an outside antenna and he got out big time on those higher bands.

Phil.

K0NX
The Zenith Tube
www.RedWhiteAndBlue.org